Interview excerpt with Jazz guitarist Mike Stern about practicing/learning guitar and music:
Click here to view video
Benefits of Music Making
(from National Association of Musical Merchants/NAMM)
Who knew music was more than fun…it’s healthy!
Making music is beneficial to people of all ages. It positively affects children in their development of cognitive skills; teens by building confidence and connecting them socially; adults through reducing stress; and seniors by “exercising” the brain.
Strumming the guitar or playing the piano is not only cool; it also:
* builds confidence
* creates social connections / bonds
* inspires creativity
* increases productivity
Plus, everyone knows music is fun and provides entertainment and enjoyment, but not all know that music making has been scientifically proven to:
* exercise the brain
* fight memory loss
* reduce stress
* lower blood pressure
* stave off depression
* enhance cognitive development in children
It's never too late to pick up an instrument and learn how music making can be an integral part of maintaining a healthy mind and body. And, don’t forget, making music inspires a passion that can last a lifetime!
5 Reasons to Play a Musical Instrument
1. Playing a Musical Instrument Makes you Smarter
2. It Teaches Discipline
3. Playing a Musical Instrument Relieves Stress
4. Sense of Achievement
5. Playing a Musical Instrument is Fun
**Guitar Lessons - Music Lesssons/Tutoring/Computer Recording
* All ages
* In your home- Rockland County(Stony Point,Nanuet,Nyack etc), Orange county(Cornwall,Washingtonville,Monroe and south) and parts of Weschester
* Pop *Rock *Blues *Jazz
* Music Theory *Harmony * Reading/Sightreading *Rock & Jazz Improv *Ear training
* Computer Recording - GargeBand, Logic, Guitar Rig, Sibelius
* Midi Guitar
I am patient, flexible and enjoy teaching.
You can email me or call me for more information. 845-709-5930.